Join our generation.
Research Associate, Formulation Discovery
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is creating a revolutionary new class of genetic medicines that deliver durable, high levels of gene expression and have drug-like properties, including titration to effect and the ability to re-dose. Our unique GeneWave technology allows us to overcome the limitations of existing and emerging approaches by delivering larger genes, including more sophisticated regulatory elements, and avoiding the immunogenicity which limits both the number of patients who can be treated and the ability to re-dose them over time. Our vision is to make our therapies available at or near birth in order to maximize their lifetime impact, allowing people to live full lives unaffected by genetic disease .
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio was founded and launched by Atlas Venture, and is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @lifetimegenetx.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic and highly driven scientist to technically conduct internal research activities and collaboration activities around formulation discovery across our therapeutic platform. The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director, Delivery and will shape the fundamental operating principles and reduction-to-practice of delivery for our gene therapy platform.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Execute an internal and external technical plan for formulation discovery at Generation.
- Weave aspects of novel delivery, chemistry, and formulation into a cohesive technical plan that can be carried out both in-house and with external collaborators.
- Help manage external, technical interfaces for delivery: academic collaborations, industrial collaborations, and contract manufacturing organizations.
- B.S. in Pharmaceutics, Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field with 2+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Background in the area of nucleic acid formulation is desirable for this role. Specific backgrounds in lipid or polymeric delivery vehicles or other nanoparticle technologies is a plus.
- Experience in the area of drug targeting (active and passive) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, proactive thinking and multitasking are essential.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Results-driven with excellent attention to details
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize complex work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.