Join our generation.
Contracts Manager / Sr. Contracts Manager
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy. At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic and highly driven Contract Manager to ensure consistent management of all contracts through “management” of the contract management process, development of account specific standards, documentation and negotiations. The Contract Manager will serve as the primary interface regarding contractual issues. This role will report to the Director, Transactions.
- Provide contracting support to internal functions, which may include Research, Information Technology, Clinical and Medical Affairs, Regulatory, G&A, Human Resources, Project Management, etc. as necessary to support the needs of the business
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements, working closely with internal counsel and using Generation Bio templates that are typical for a biotech company, including those directed to confidentiality, consulting, material transfers, services, statements of work, and amendments, among others
- Identify and escalate issues and risks, current and potential, to internal counsel
- Assist with the development of processes and practices that standardize and streamline the contracting process, including use of the contracts management system
- Assist with ongoing contract template projects to update and refine internal templates
- Bachelor’s degree and five to seven years’ experience at a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company directly drafting and negotiating agreements.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Good attention to detail and ability to think critically through issues and complex problems
- Highly organized, reliable and responsive with excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Experience implementing contracts processes and technology solutions a plus
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed on complex projects
- Scientific research experience a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.