Join our generation.
Associate / Senior Associate Scientist, Cell Biology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic and highly motivated scientist to join the cell biology team and perform research to support the development of cell based assays to evaluate disease related biological parameters for our gene therapy vectors. For this lab-based position, the successful candidate will work closely with scientists in the Platform Science group to design assays that measure all relevant aspects of our novel non-viral gene therapy platform (ceDNA) and lead the development, qualification, and implementation of these assays for the Platform Science group.
- Support research to help characterize intracellular localization, cytokine responses of gene therapy vectors and development of appropriate analytical assays to measure these attributes
- Perform phenotypic assays in cellular models based on platform development needs
- Perform flow cytometry and high resolution cell imaging in order to assess cell based parameters
- Participate in analyzing and presenting data internally and preparing technical reports
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Virology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline; industry experience a plus
- Minimum 2 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experienced with mammalian cell culture and transient transfections
- Experience using cell based assays to characterize gene therapy vectors is a plus. These methods could span a wide range of reporter assays, cytokine assays, cell imaging assays and flow cytometry assays.
- Background in molecular biology and nucleic acid biology techniques
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn, propose and improve new techniques
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.