Join our generation.
Director/Senior Director, Program Management
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly driven leader to direct our program management efforts for our development candidates as well as our platform initiatives. The successful candidate will shape the fundamental strategy and operating processes for the advancement of our platform initiatives and integration of our programs in support of preclinical- and clinical- stage therapeutics.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish strong partnerships with key cross-functional stakeholders across both Research and Development and work with them to shape the integrated strategy, goal setting & successful execution of our clinical, preclinical, and platform programs.
- Evaluate and introduce tools and processes to facilitate integration of workplans, resources, and risks toward trade-off assessments and decision-making.
- Develop and ensure alignment of cross-functional plans (i.e. timelines, budget, resource plans, risk assessment, program milestones, goals and contingency planning) with the program teams and internal stakeholders
- Optimize team structures and drive cross-functional teams to achieve milestones and goals
- Identify bottlenecks, surface issues, and proactively drive for their resolution
- Ensure comprehensive, high-quality, and proactive communications of program information to management and the program team, in order to achieve clarity of program goals, progress and issues
- Proactively seek out opportunities for process improvement (e.g. meeting structure, information storage, dashboards, etc.)
- This position will report into the COO.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field; Masters or PhD a plus
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years in project management & coordination
- Experience with clinical-stage programs is a must
- Experience building and working in a matrix environment and managing interactions between internal team members and with senior leadership in research, development, CMC, clinical, regulatory and related areas
- Prior experience in the gene therapy field or rare disease therapeutic development is a plus
- Experience successfully managing alliances in support of preclinical and clinical stage programs
- Experience working in a dynamic high growth biotech company preferred
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
- Knowledge of regulatory and business requirements impacting preclinical and clinical development
- Understanding of financials, including knowledge of resource planning (headcount and budget)
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret, evaluate, and prioritize scientific and competitive, business related information
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, proactive thinking and multitasking are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.