Join our generation.
Associate Director / Director, Transactions
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic, versatile and highly driven attorney to manage the contracting process and oversee a team of contract managers. The successful candidate will possess significant experience in developing processes and enhancing strategies for the management of various contracts needed to support a company in the preclinical and clinical development stages. This position reports to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Develop comprehensive contract management strategy for the company covering agreements for areas including preclinical, clinical, manufacturing, academic collaborations, partnerships, etc
- Engage with internal functions, which may include Research, Information Technology, Medical Affairs, G&A, Human Resources, Project Management, etc. as necessary to support the needs of the business
- Work with internal departments to develop best practices and efficiencies regarding contract management
- Engage with external partners, vendors, and collaborators and represent Generation Bio for all agreement related activities
- Draft, review, and negotiate agreements in consultation with Chief Legal Officer using Generation Bio templates that are typical for a biotech company, including those directed to confidentiality, consulting, material transfers, services, statements of work, and amendments, among others
- Manage and develop a team of contract managers
- Identify and escalate issues and risks, current and potential to the Chief Legal Officer
- Bachelors degree required; J.D. and bar admission in good standing in at least one state, preferred
- At least 8 years of experience (Associate Director: 6 years) in a law firm and/or in-house pharmaceutical or biotechnology company environment overseeing and managing contracts to support the development of novel therapeutics
- Track record of developing and streamlining processes for contract management
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills with high detail orientation
- Client service focus and ability to adapt and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.