Join our generation.
Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Production
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, versatile, highly motivated Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist to support daily operations on the Production team within the Process Development group. The successful candidate will help generate key materials for research studies, as well support optimization of our production process for our gene therapy platform. Experience with standard cell culture techniques, including cell line maintenance, cell banking and plasmid transfections is required. Addition experience with DNA manipulations including PCR, ligations, restriction digestions, and plasmid cloning is preferred.
- Perform our internal production process to enable ongoing research studies.
- Perform experiments supporting optimization of our novel gene therapy platform
- Drive experiments to advance next generation production and platform processes
- Assist in the generation and review of protocols and reports
- Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams
- B.S./M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related discipline and 2+ years industry experience
- Experience with mammalian, insect, or bacterial cell lines and cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell banking, cell line maintenance) is a required
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR, ligations, restriction digestions, and plasmid cloning and/or assemblies) is required
- Downstream experience with standard chromatography and/or DNA purification kits is a plus
- Comfortable in a team-first environment that is dynamic and fast-paced
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.