Join our generation.
Contractor: RA, Downstream Process Development
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is seeking Research Associate (contractor) position in Downstream Process Development for our genetic medicines. The successful candidate will have good laboratory skills and attention to detail to help develop and optimize scalable purification processes for closed-ended DNA (ceDNA). The candidate will report to the Head of Downstream Process Development within the CMC group. This role will be integral to the success of the company as we advance clinical development candidates.
- Under guidance, design and execute laboratory experiments to develop downstream process for the purification of closed ended DNAs
- Perform experiments and collaborate efforts related to the development of downstream process steps including cell lysis, depth filtration, TFF, and chromatography steps
- Analyze process intermediates and final samples from the experiments
- Assist in tech transfer of small scale process to the in-house production group and also to contract manufacturing organization (CMO) for scale-up
- Assist in generating protocols, SOPs, and batch records
- BS in Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, Biotechnology or related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in working with an oligonucleotide-based purification process is a plus
- Result-driven with excellent attention to details
- Ability to perform multiple experiments and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work with others to troubleshoot complex technical and scientific problems while showing independence in execution
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organization
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.