Join our generation.
Scientist / Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic and highly motivated bioinformatician to join our team to build our bioinformatics capabilities and infrastructure. The individual hired will be responsible for enabling and implementing bioinformatics tools and systems to support development of our ceDNA gene therapy platform. Areas of anticipated contribution include, discovery of novel platform components, enabling new strategies for construct design, development of computational and statistical approaches for evaluating construct performance. This role is very cross-functional with key interactions across platform biology and clinical/ pre-clinical pharmacology with an opportunity to impact multiple novel research programs.
- Lead the expansion of Bioinformatics capabilities and infrastructure at Generation Bio using internal and external resources
- Develop computational and statistical frameworks for data mining, processing and analysis to support vector optimization activities
- Develop and/or implement software tools to support key workflows (e.g. codon optimization and High-dimensional construct screening)
- Develop and implement strategies for data visualizations to support project-level decision making
- Work with IT to establish/enhance infrastructure to support data collection, storage, and analysis for bioinformatics efforts
- Work closely with crossfunctional teams including pharmacology, molecular biology and cell biology to develop strategies for experimental design and analysis
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related discipline
- 3-4 years of industry experience preferred
- Established ability and interest in understanding biological systems and molecular mechanisms
- DNA/RNA NGS data processing and analysis, single cell analysis a plus
- Accessing, processing, and analysis of public biological databases (e.g. transfac, Ensembl)
- Strong statistical background (classical & Bayesian techniques)
- Experience setting up infrastructure and building tools to enable bioinformatics analysis
- Proficiency with a number of programming languages for statistical computing. Familiarity with R programming, Python and Bioconductor suite would be a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Experience with AWS preferred
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.