Join our generation.
Sr. Manager, Core Facilities & Shipping and Receiving Logistics
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company developing a breakthrough class of genetic medicines to enable a new generation of people to live unaffected by inherited disease. The company’s therapies are based on its iproprietary ceDNA technology, which delivers durable, high levels of gene expression and can be re-dosed to titrate to effect and to sustain impact over a lifetime.
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio is looking for a Senior Manager, Core Facilities & Shipping & Receiving Logistics that will be responsible for managing vendors, facilities projects, maintaining building infrastructure, mechanical equipment and BMS, package receiving and shipping including document management associated with the logistics and local, federal and international licenses and permit requirements, directing staff, overseeing upkeep of equipment and supplies, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. In addition, this person will oversee functions including receiving, order picking, packing, shipping, and inventory management.
- Site lead for short term and long term infrastructure strategies for supporting company growth
- Plan and oversee building and equipment maintenance /repair
- In conjunction with VP facilities will work on financial forecasting and budgeting for department
- Maintain equipment in accordance with set schedules and procedures
- Receive and process work order requests and log in any maintenance and repair work
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers
- Maintain equipment files in accordance with Generation Bio SOPs
- Oversee routine maintenance to ensure equipment runs smoothly
- Schedule and assist vendors/contractors in completing work as required
- Manage and perform all Shipping & Receiving Logistics functions and requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities assignments as required
- 5-7 years of experience in a core facilities role in a biotech/pharmaceutical environment
- 5-7 years of experience in shipping & receiving in a biotech/pharmaceuticals environment
- Ability to plan facilities work using diagrams, drawings, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams
- Up to date with all required permits required to receive and ship materials locally, domestically and internationally as well as being a licensed waste water operator per the DEP/MWRA
- Strong troubleshooting skills is required
- Understanding of HVAC systems and ability to work with and manage outside contractors
- Ability to interact with a diverse mix of individuals across all levels of the organization
- Biopharmaceutical background highly desirable
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.