Join our generation.
Senior Director, Facilities & Operations
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is looking for a motivated life sciences professional who will be responsible for managing operations for our office and lab spaces. The individual hired will be responsible for managing vendors, facilitating projects to improve/streamline facility operations, maintain office and lab infrastructure, mechanical equipment and BMS. The individual hired will work closely with building management. The individual hired will execute projects related to office and lab changes/upgrades and will ensure compliance with local, federal and international licenses and permit requirements.
- Site lead for short term and long term infrastructure strategies and other capital projects for supporting company growth
- Manage facilities including office, laboratory spaces, and animal-care facility
- Develop strategies for space planning, EH&S requirements, building/office/lab access and programs, and security policies
- Manage budget and forecasting, purchasing, staffing, contract negotiations and vendor management
- Ensure service contracts are in place and robust laboratory management programs are in place to support continued growth
- Optimize and oversee EH&S, disaster recovery, and crisis management programs
- Create and manage laboratory process workflow to maximize quality and efficiency
- Oversee security policies, disaster recovery, and crisis management response programs
- Oversee the kitchen/food service
- Ensure compliance with local, federal and international licenses and permit requirements
- Manage CAFM CIFM, BMS systems
- Oversee direct reports
- 12+ years of experience managing facilities operations for office and laboratory spaces
- > 5 years demonstrated experience setting/implementing short-term and long-term infrastructure strategies
- >5 years demonstrated experience managing laboratory facilities involving cell culture and an animal care facility
- Experience building close collaborations across departments and senior leadership and helping the Facilities department reflect our core cultural components
- Demonstrated experience with budget management experience along with experience negotiating contracts, managing vendors and managing CAFM CIFM, BMS systems
- Successful track record ensuring compliance with local, federal and international licenses and permit requirements
- Experience in a high growth biotech environment preferred
- Experience leading, mentoring, and developing a team
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.