Join our generation.
Scientist / Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic and highly motivated molecular biologist with broad mechanistic understanding of mammalian gene expression to join our team. The scientist hired will play a key role in development and performance optimization of our ceDNA gene therapy platform. The scientist will conceive and execute experiments to inform optimization strategies across multiple disease indications as well as impact general construct performance. Through application of cutting-edge molecular techniques, rationale design and high-dimensional screens the successful candidate will discover and develop novel vector technology. This role is very cross functional with key interactions between bioinformatics and pharmacology.
- Design and generate constructs in support of pre-clinical development pipelines.
- Conceive and execute experiments to inform ceDNA optimization strategies
- Analyze construct performance and molecular attributes in vitro
- Develop and implementation of high-throughput genetic strategies for screening and evaluating constructs (eg. Library design/ construction/ NGS sequencing and analysis)
- Analyze complex datasets in order to design and optimize constructs
- Utilize modern synthetic biology approaches to develop and implement strategies for vector and library construction
- Oversee and manage day-to-day activities of Research Associates
- Work with a cross functional team including pharmacology and bioinformatics
- Manage CRO activities, including project design, timelines and quality of deliverables
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Virology, Mammalian Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 1-2 years of industry experience preferred
- Fluency and extensive hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques with a focus on application to mammalian systems
- Experience with one or more of following methods is desirable – Ribosome profiling, Host cell DNA-protein interaction studies, Aptamer engineering, NGS-based pooled genetic screening
- In-depth knowledge of the molecular determinants of gene expression and its regulation, especially for mammalian systems
- Experience/ knowledge of AAV constructs, a plus
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis (e.g. Database curation/mining, Sequence analysis techniques and statistical evaluation of high-dimensional data sets), a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.