Join our generation.
(Senior) Research Associate, Delivery
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic and highly driven hands on scientist to conduct internal research activities and collaboration activities around delivery across our therapeutic platform. The successful candidate will report to the Associate Director, Delivery and will be an integral part of a cross functional team optimizing novel approaches for delivery for our gene therapy platform.
- Execute on an internal and external technical plan for delivery group at Generation Bio.
- Assist in developing and optimizing novel targeted nanoparticle formulations for multiple delivery routes
- Characterize nanoparticle formulations using various biophysical and biochemical characterization techniques
- Analyze data to enable optimization of formulation parameters/characteristics
- Work closely with the chemistry, pharmacology and biology teams at Generation Bio to evaluate the formulations in cell based and in vivo models
- Help support external, technical interfaces for delivery: academic collaborations, industrial collaborations, and contract manufacturing organizations
- B.S. and M.S. in Pharmaceutics, Materials Science, Polymer Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field with 2+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Background in the area of nucleic acid formulation is desirable for this role. Specific background in lipid or polymeric delivery vehicles or other nanoparticle technologies is a plus
- Experience in the area of drug targeting (active and passive) is a plus
- Experience working with cross functional teams including pharmacology, chemistry, drug discovery, etc
- Experience characterizing formulations is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, proactive thinking and multitasking are essential
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Results-driven with excellent attention to details
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize complex work activities and prioritize task completion to meet schedules and deadlines
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.