Join our generation.
(Sr.) Associate Scientist, Preclinical Research
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is creating a revolutionary new class of genetic medicines that deliver durable, high levels of gene expression and have drug-like properties, including titration to effect and the ability to re-dose. Our unique GeneWave technology allows us to overcome the limitations of existing and emerging approaches by delivering larger genes, including more sophisticated regulatory elements, and avoiding the immunogenicity which limits both the number of patients who can be treated and the ability to re-dose them over time. Our vision is to make our therapies available at or near birth to maximize their lifetime impact, allowing people to live full lives unaffected by genetic disease.
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio was founded and launched by Atlas Venture, and is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @lifetimegenetx.
Associate/Senior Associate Scientist:
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly motivated Associate/Senior Associate Scientist to join our Preclinical Research group. For this lab-based position, the successful candidate will implement assays for in vitro and in vivo studies of our GeneWave platform to advance both the platform and our growing pipeline of development candidates.
- Optimize and execute assays to assess transgene copy number (qPCR), expression (e.g. RT-qPCR, ELISA, Western Blot) & biological effects (e.g. enzyme activity, signaling pathway activation/inhibition) from tissue samples, plasma/serum and cell culture
- Conduct in vitro experiments including cell culture maintenance, transfection and downstream sample analysis
- Design experiments, analyze data & interpret results
- Summarize studies in written reports and oral presentations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related scientific field (e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Bioanalytics)
- B.S. or M.S. with 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience
- Excellent lab technique and the ability to work independently to analyze, interpret, and present data
- Proficient in protein detection methods including ELISA and Western Blot analysis from both in vivo (tissue/plasma/serum) and in vitro (cells) samples
- Experience with DNA/RNA purification and quantification, biochemical assays, enzymatic assays, and/or cell imaging methods (e.g. IHC, FACS)
- Familiarity with cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell-based assays)
- Ability to multi-task to support multiple projects across platform and disease biology pharmacology
- Ability to work in matrixed environment
- Prior experience with gene therapy and/or lead optimization a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.