Join our generation.
Manager of Accounting
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Delve further. Please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @generationbio.
The Manager of Accounting will be a key individual contributor responsible for: closing the books, preparing reconciliations and journal entries for several areas, and ensuring the Company’s financial statements are prepared timely and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The Manager of Accounting will closely with other functions including Accounts Payable, HR, Legal, as well as the Company’s external independent audit firm.
- Own the monthly and quarterly close process and drive timely financial reporting in accordance with GAAP
- Perform technical accounting research for significant and non-routine transactions and document the Company’s position by applying the appropriate accounting rules and making key judgements
- Assist in the development of departmental initiatives and goals and the strategies to achieve those initiatives and goals
- Assist in authoring and implementing the Company’s internal control framework
- Work with our external auditors to support the Company’s financial audits and the SOX 404 audits
- Assist in the creation and improvement of accounting business processes to improve productivity and create operating efficiencies across the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting; preferably with experience in public accounting
- CPA is required
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to problem-solve / analytical
- Proficient in using ERP systems is a plus, preferably Oracle
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.