Join our generation.
Associate / Senior Associate Scientist, Preclinical Research
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy. At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly motivated Associate/Senior Associate Scientist to join our Preclinical Research group. For this lab-based position, the successful candidate will implement endpoint assays for in vitro and in vivo studies of our novel platform to advance both the platform and our growing pipeline of development candidates.
- Optimize and execute assays to assess transgene copy number (qPCR), expression (e.g. RT-qPCR, ELISA, Western Blot) & biological effects (e.g. enzyme activity, signaling pathway activation/inhibition) from tissue samples, plasma/serum and cell culture
- Conduct in vitro experiments including cell culture maintenance, transfection and downstream sample analysis
- Design experiments, analyze data & interpret results
- Summarize studies in written reports and oral presentations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related scientific field (e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Bioanalytics)
- Excellent lab techniques and the ability to work independently to analyze, interpret, and present data
- Proficient in protein detection methods including ELISA and Western Blot analysis from both in vivo (tissue/plasma/serum) and in vitro (cells) samples
- Experience with DNA/RNA purification and quantification, biochemical assays, enzymatic assays, and/or cell imaging methods (e.g. IHC, FACS)
- Familiarity with cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell-based assays)
- Ability to multi-task to support multiple projects across platform and disease biology pharmacology
- Ability to work in matrixed environment
- Prior experience with gene therapy and/or lead optimization a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.