Join our generation.
Sr. Manager of Financial Reporting
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, talented and growing organization as the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting. This leader will report directly to the Corporate Controller and partner directly with the finance team, and cross-functional colleagues. Working in a fast-growing company that recently went public, this position gives the individual the opportunity to shape financial reporting policies and procedures as the Finance function grows.
- Responsible for the SEC reporting timelines and preparation of 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements, footnote disclosures and MD&A to ensure timely and accurate filings
- Oversee the preparation of the XBRL exhibits for SEC filings to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Assistance with quarterly and annual Earnings Release, Investor Decks and other outside communications as appropriate.
- Assist with administration and preparation of SEC filings for Section 16 officers (i.e. Form 3, Form 4) and ensure filed on timely basis
- Research and document disclosure requirements for significant unusual transactions
- Works directly with various personnel, including members of senior management, in other departments to obtain information necessary to ensure accurate disclosures in the Company’s financial statements.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls as business process owner with appropriate records and documentation for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Maintain financial reporting system (active disclosure/Workiva) and related analysis that support the preparation of SEC filings.
- Mange relationship with external auditors
- Coordination and preparation of disclosure committee procedures
- Leads other external reporting projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Master’s degree preferred
- C.P.A. certification required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in public accounting and/or private industry is required
- Public accounting (Big 4) experience highly desired.
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC Reporting and US GAAP
- Experience working in a life science company is preferred
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented with both the ambition and willingness to dive into the details
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to quickly adapt to change
- Experience with an SEC filing tool is a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.