Join our generation.
Director / Senior Director, Operations
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly driven leader to manage a variety of operational initiatives to support the translation of our novel gene therapy platform toward the clinic. This role will involve setting up new and/or optimizing existing systems and processes in order to manage and mitigate risks and align internal and external stakeholders to drive programs forward. The individual hired will be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. This is a high profile and highly visible role and will be integral to the success of the company.
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize processes and mitigate risks for preclinical and clinical development programs
- Work with internal stakeholders on key initiatives to streamline internal research and development processes, including quality-based, IT- based, and vendor strategy initiatives
- Set up, implement and optimize novel systems in a pharmaceutical environment: IT-based, Quality-based, and/or vendor-based
- Develop strategies to identify and put in place operational efficiencies, vendors, and processes to mitigate and resolve preclinical and clinical stage risks
- Manage strategic relationships with external partners, vendors, and CRO’s to support drug discovery, development and clinical activities. Mitigate risks and ensure alignment regarding expectations and deliverables. Negotiating agreements with vendors and suppliers and managing changes in scope
- Facilitate program team and internal stakeholder meetings
- This position will report into the COO
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field; Masters or PhD a plus
- At least 10 years of experience supporting therapeutic development through either the Quality, Manufacturing or Vendor management functions
- Proven experience driving operational improvement initiatives across technical functions from research through clinical development, while also engaging Legal, Finance and other functions
- Knowledge of regulatory and business requirements impacting preclinical and clinical development
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate scientific and competitive, business related information
- Prior experience in the gene therapy field and rare diseases are a plus
- Possess solid leadership skills and be a quick learner
- Promote team “out-of-box” thinking and creative issue resolution
- Identify bottlenecks, surface issues, and proactively drive for their resolution
- Experience working in a dynamic high growth biotech company preferred
- Experience building high-performing matrix teams via strong interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. bridging science and business, effective collaboration, etc.)
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, proactive thinking and multitasking are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.