Join our generation.
Director / Senior Director Corporate Finance and FP+A
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, talented and growing finance organization as Director/Senior Director Corporate Finance and FP+A. This leader will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for overseeing the strategy and operations for FP+A and capital planning at the company, and partner directly with cross-functional business partners on all financial analytics, planning and internal reporting activities. This individual will influence outcomes and streamline decision-making capabilities across the organization. A successful candidate will use collaboration across the organization and strong analytics to drive insights and continuous improvement, be able to influence decisions, and possess strong management and communication, finance expertise, and interpersonal skills.
The Director/Senior Director Corporate Finance and FP+A will be responsible for cash planning and forecasting, as well as establishing and leading an FP+A function.
- Lead the long-range planning, annual budget and quarterly forecast processes
- Support business development with necessary financial valuation analyses for potential partnerships/acquisitions
- Provide analysis for internal capital allocation decisions and capital raising strategy
- Develop presentations with conclusions and recommendations in concise formats for executive management and the Board on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Build our capacity by developing public-company type reporting and metrics for internal and external use (i.e. investor relations)
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional groups such as Research and Development, IT, and HR to ensure the decisions are made with a value creation mindset
- Oversee functional planning and accruals working closely with business partners during month and quarter-end financial closes
- Establish improvement targets and relevant metrics to monitor and measure working capital and cash flow efficiency related to operational areas of focus
- Coordinate the submission and consolidation of business unit monthly cash forecasts, weekly short term liquidity updates and annual cash budget
- Establish accountability tools and measures to ensure sustained efforts and track program progress
- Analyze quarter end cash balances and coordinate actual to forecast/budget explanations with all key executive leaders to understand variances versus expectations
- 7-10 years of financial, business and strategic planning experience with increasing responsibilities
- MBA or CPA
- Strong quantitative, analytical problem-solving skills
- Passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management, cross-functional business partners and with corporate functions
- Strong financial systems and business application skills including, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office etc.
- Implementation of mathematical models, statistical algorithms and data mining on real world data sets
- Ability to translate complex technical and difficult to solve problems into understandable and consumable terms for the leadership team and Board
- Creative problem solver, analytical thinker, and quick learner; ability to work through ambiguity; quick study of new or complex concepts; relentlessly resourceful and diligent
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to gain trust and support from cross functional peers and teams
- Valuation of biotech assets in development, budget and long-range planning
- Excellent presentation and communication with C-level executives
- In-depth knowledge of financial technology, payments and/or transaction processing business is preferred
- Oracle Fusion experience is preferred
- Enjoys having fun at work
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.