Join our generation.
Senior Scientist, Immunology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is creating a revolutionary new class of genetic medicines that deliver durable, high levels of gene expression and have drug-like properties, including titration to effect and the ability to re-dose. Our unique GeneWave technology allows us to overcome the limitations of existing and emerging approaches by delivering larger genes, including more sophisticated regulatory elements, and avoiding the immunogenicity which limits both the number of patients who can be treated and the ability to re-dose them over time. Our vision is to make our therapies available at or near birth in order to maximize their lifetime impact, allowing people to live full lives unaffected by genetic disease.
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio was founded and launched by Atlas Venture, and is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @lifetimegenetx.
Generation Bio is looking for a Senior Scientist, Immunology. This is a newly created role and the Senior Scientist will have an opportunity to contribute to the advancement of new platform technologies and pipeline candidates. Specifically, you will drive innovation and optimization related to the immunological profile of our platform technology. In this role, you will have the opportunity to initiate, direct and execute scientific research aimed at immunology, both innate and adaptive. You will be immersed in a learning and team-focused environment, where demonstration of an open mind and interest in mastering this new therapeutic space, and close collaboration with fellow team members are keys to your success.
- Working within the lab and managing internal efforts, will be responsible for the design, development and qualification of new and/or improved immunoassays (in vitro/in vivo)
- Responsible for characterizing immunological properties of our drug substance and drug product both in vivo and invitro
- Manage flow cytometry and cell sorting core capabilities for the company
- PhD in immunology with 5-7+ years of hands-on industrial experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and implementation in a pre-clinical research environment and contribution to drug development process in the field of immunology
- Prior experience in the field of nucleic acid therapeutics is preferred
- Expertise in innate immune pathways is preferred
- A keen ability to build an organization, interface with stakeholders, and help manage the dynamics of change within a rapidly growing company
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, influence, and negotiate conflict situations
- Outstanding communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative team player who fosters open communication and facilitates mutual understanding and cooperation between all stakeholders
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.