Join our generation.
Supervisor / Manager, Preclinical Operations
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly motivated Supervisor/Manager to join our Preclinical Research group to support preclinical study operations. The individual hired will work closely with both internal team members and external CRO’s to manage the day to day activities needed to support studies for multiple programs.
- Facilitate the development, planning, and execution of preclinical studies for multiple programs simultaneously
- Assist in selection and management of CROs for in vivo studies and sample analysis
- Support protocol development in collaboration with study lead and maintain study files
- Collaborate with contracts group to implement and review necessary legal documents for outsourced work
- Manage study timelines and coordinate shipping of materials needed for study conduct
- Ensure timely shipping and analyses of study samples, and maintain a database of untested and residual study samples
- Act as the primary contact for CRO partners to track key activities, trouble shoot issues, ensure compliance with contract terms and monitor performance metrics
- Collaborate with other functional areas, including finance, legal, CMC, and project management to ensure efficient study development and execution
- B.S. in biology or a related field with 2 years of relevant experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical company or CRO
- Experience performing research to support preclinical development, preferred
- Experience working on a gene therapy is a plus
- Exceptional organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Knowledge of global regulatory guidelines (ICH/GLP/OECD) a plus