Join our generation.
Senior Associate Scientist / Principal Associate Scientist, Pharmacology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy. At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly motivated Senior Associate/Principal Associate Scientist to join our Preclinical Research group to perform research focused on platform optimization and disease biology in order to move our liver disease programs from lead optimization into candidate selection. For this lab-based position, the successful candidate will implement endpoint assays for in vitro and in vivo studies of our novel platform to advance both the platform and our growing pipeline of development candidates.
- Optimize and execute assays to assess distribution and protein expression (e.g. qPCR, ELISA, Western Blot) & biological effects (e.g. function, localization, enzyme activity, signaling pathway activation/inhibition), from tissue samples, plasma/serum and cell culture
- Conduct in vitro experiments including cell culture maintenance, transfection, cell model characterization, and end point assays
- Design and troubleshoot experiments, analyze data & interpret results
- Interface with CROs for specific study areas to coordinate research activities
- Summarize studies in written reports and oral presentations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and 2-5+ years experience in a related scientific field (e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, or Bioanalytics)
- Excellent lab techniques and the ability to work independently to analyze, interpret, and present data
- Proficient in protein detection methods including ELISA, Western Blot, immunostaining, and enzymatic assays, on both in vivo (tissue/plasma/serum) and in vitro (cells) samples
- Experience with DNA/RNA purification and quantification, and/or cell imaging methods (e.g. IHC, FACS)
- Familiarity with cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell-based assays)
- Experience with primary hepatocyte isolation and plating preferred
- Ability to multi-task to support multiple projects across platform and disease biology pharmacology
- Ability to work in matrixed environment
- Prior experience with gene therapy and/or lead optimization a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.