Join our generation.
Senior Manager, Research Production
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is creating a revolutionary new class of genetic medicines that deliver durable, high levels of gene expression and have drug-like properties, including titration to effect and the ability to re-dose. Our unique GeneWave technology allows us to overcome the limitations of existing and emerging approaches by delivering larger genes, including more sophisticated regulatory elements, and avoiding the immunogenicity which limits both the number of patients who can be treated and the ability to re-dose them over time. Our vision is to make our therapies available at or near birth to maximize their lifetime impact, allowing people to live full lives unaffected by genetic disease.
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio was founded and launched by Atlas Venture, and is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass. For more information, please visit www.generationbio.com or follow @lifetimegenetx.
Generation Bio is seeking an experienced, highly motivated scientist to advance research phase production of its DNA based gene therapy product called closed-ended DNA (ceDNA). The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to help develop, optimize, and implement the production process. This role will be integral to the success of the company as we advance non-clinical candidates to clinical programs.
- Manage both internal and external research production activities.
- Supervise, train, and develop a growing and dynamic team.Interface with internal groups (e.g. pharmacology, analytical development, upstream and downstream) to deliver high quality material for in vivo and in vitro studies
- Plan for development and implementation of evolving platform improvements and capacity needs to grow with material demands. Create and maintain production schedule and timelines amidst changing priorities.
- Generation and review of protocols, reports, and batch records
- Prepare, analyze, and present data internally to cross functional teams
- MS or PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years with MS or 5 years with PhD of relevant industry experience[MA1] [DM2]
- Proven experience managing scientific staff is required.
- Extensive experience in cell culture and chromatography-based purifications
- Proven track record of developing reports.
- Results-driven with excellent attention to details
- Proven ability to effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize tasks across a group
- Experience in early stage process development work
- Previous experience in manufacturing activities in a GMP environment will be an advantage
- Ability to work with others to troubleshoot complex technical and scientific problems.
- Previous experience managing external work preferred
- Articulate and confident communication and interpersonal skills
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.