Join our generation.
Senior Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company creating a new pillar of medicine for a new generation. With our proprietary ceDNA technology, we are developing genetic medicine with drug-like properties: titrated to optimal levels, redosed throughout a lifetime, scaled to reach around the world. Our mission is to make the ravages of genetic disease feel as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, talented and growing organization as the Sr. Director of FP&A. This leader will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and partner directly with the finance team, and cross-functional business partners on all financial analytics and planning and reporting activities. This individual will influence outcomes and streamline decision-making capabilities across the organization. A successful candidate must challenge the status quo to drive insights and continuous improvement, be able to influence decisions as well as possess strong management and communication skills, finance & accounting skills and interpersonal skills.
- Lead the long-range planning, annual budget and quarterly latest estimate processes
- Support business development with necessary financial valuation analyses for potential partnerships/acquisitions
- Provide analysis of capital deployment and capital raising strategy
- Develop presentations with conclusions and recommendations in concise formats for executive management and the Board on a quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Partner with the finance team in developing public-company type reporting and metrics for internal and external use (i.e. investor relations)
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional groups such as Research and Development, IT, and HR
- Oversee functional planning and accruals working closely with colleagues during month and quarter-end financial closes
- Other projects as needed
- 10+ years of financial, business and strategic planning experience with increasing responsibilities
- Strong quantitative, analytical problem-solving skills
- Passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Ability to build partnerships with all levels of management, cross-functional business partners and with corporate functions
- Strong financial systems and business application skills including, Oracle, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Office etc.
- Implementation of mathematical models, statistical algorithms and data mining on real world data sets
- Ability to translate complex technical and difficult to solve problems into understandable and consumable terms for the leadership team and Board
- Creative problem solver, analytical thinker, and quick learner; ability to work through ambiguity; quick study of new or complex concepts; relentlessly resourceful and diligent
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to gain trust and support from cross functional peers and teams
- In-depth knowledge of financial technology, payments and/or transaction processing business is preferred
- Excellent presentation and communication with C-level executives and Board of Directors
- Enjoys having fun at work
Preferred Experience, Special Skills, Knowledge:
- MBA or CPA
- Oracle Fusion experience
- Valuation of biotech assets in development
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law