Join our generation.
Contractor- (Sr.) Research Associate, Production
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company developing a breakthrough class of genetic medicines to enable a new generation of people to live unaffected by inherited disease. The company’s therapies are based on its proprietary ceDNA technology, which delivers durable, high levels of gene expression and can be re-dosed to titrate to effect and to sustain impact over a lifetime.
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio seeks a highly motivated Contractor- (Senior) Research Associate to support daily operations in the Research Production group. The successful candidate will help generate key materials for research studies, as well support optimization of our production process for our gene therapy platform.
- Perform our internal production process to enable ongoing research studies.
- Perform experiments supporting optimization of our novel gene therapy platform
- Assist in the generation and review of protocols and reports
- Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams
- Evaluation and management of CROs/CMOs
- M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology or related discipline
- 3+ years of cell culture experience with a strong understanding of upstream techniques, downstream techniques would be a strong plus
- Strong experience with animal, insect, or bacterial lines is a must
- Experience with cell culture manipulation techniques (e.g., transfections, cell-based assays)
- Experience with DNA purification techniques (DNA extraction, standard chromatography methods)
- Understanding of standard molecular biology techniques (cloning methods, agarose and SDS-PAGE, westerns, qPCR) is a plus
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.