Join our generation.
Principal Associate/Scientist, Analytical Development
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is creating a revolutionary new class of genetic medicines that deliver durable, high levels of gene expression and have drug-like properties, including titration to effect and the ability to re-dose. Our unique GeneWave technology allows us to overcome the limitations of existing and emerging approaches by delivering larger genes, including more sophisticated regulatory elements, and avoiding the immunogenicity which limits both the number of patients who can be treated and the ability to re-dose them over time. Our vision is to make our therapies available at or near birth to maximize their lifetime impact, allowing people to live full lives unaffected by genetic disease.
We are a community of creative problem-solvers and independent thinkers. We are guided by strong personal integrity, humility, and energized by the collaborative, learning mindset required to create solutions for patients and their families.
Generation Bio seeks an energetic and highly motivated Principal Associate/Scientist support and develop analytical technologies across our therapeutic platform. The successful candidate will work to understand the composition of our drug substance, as well as develop assays to characterize material to support the Production and Process Development groups.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Support the development and implementation of an analytical and characterization strategy for a novel gene therapy platform.
- Develop and execute analytical methods for the evaluation of drug substance, drug product and stability samples.
- Design and execute experiments to further our understanding of drug substance composition and process.
- Contribute to the management and training of junior lab members.
- Assist in the generation and review of protocols, reports, and C of A’s.
- B.S/M.S. or Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+/3+ years relevant experience.
- Experienced with molecular biology techniques (western blot, qPCR/ddPCR, ELISA).
- Primary laboratory presence (≥50%) required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must have excellent attention to details.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.