Join our generation.
Receptionist / Office and Facilities Concierge
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy. At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation bio seeks an energetic, versatile, and highly driven individual to join our team to provide support for office activities at Generation Bio. The individual hired will be responsible for managing the front desk and reception area, engaging with visitors, and fostering an environment aligned with the values of Generation Bio. This position is a highly cross-functional and dynamic role with high visibility in the organization.
- Create an inviting environment for guests visiting Generation Bio
- Welcome and register guests, candidates, vendors, and other visitors
- Answer incoming phone calls, direct calls, and provide general assistance
- Complete parking validations for guests, and create employee access badges
- Facilitate conference room upkeep and conference room calendar management
- Assist with lunch orders as needed
- Aiding with IT setup for presentations and webinars
- Collect and distribute company mail
- Oversee ordering/stocking office supplies, pantry snacks, and company swag
- Coordinating events including weekly staff meetings, happy hours, and company off-sites
- Managing social media
- Help triage facility-related emergencies
- Assisting with facility/operational tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working in a dynamic high growth company preferred
- Experience managing social media sites including Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn, and Glassdoor, preferred
- Highly collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, proactive thinking, and multitasking are essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.