Join our generation.
Director / Senior Director, Information Technology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is looking for a driven, creative, and skilled IT professional to manage our current IT system architecture and application space and to plan, design, develop and implement strategies that match the company’s objectives for growth. The individual hired in this role will develop strategies and roadmaps to align with overall corporate strategies. This position collaborates with business system architects, application development, and client functions to provide secure, reliable, flexible, maintainable and efficient solutions to meet current and future company objectives. The ideal candidate should bring creativity, a strong sense of personal accountability, and be excited by the challenge of working in a scalable, fast-paced, and innovative environment. This is a high profile and highly visible role and will be integral to the success of the company.
- Provide guidance for the strategy and tactics for Generation Bio IT infrastructure and applications to effectively support the overall company growth strategies
- Lead the strategy development and become a partner with functional leads for IT support of needs as the company transitions through clinical development i.e. timing and assessment for system and application investments to support clinical, legal, regulatory, quality, finance and other functions
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and recommend technical IT solutions
- Support the implementation of function-driven needs like LIMs, ELN, data management and visualization, as well as additional systems necessary as the company progresses through clinical development
- Develop/enhance IT operational standards, best practices, and guidelines for increased systems reliability and application efficiency
- Design, implement and supervise managed-services provider(s) / help desk organization model
- Keep abreast of emerging technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Manage and build a group that integrates into broad functional interfaces to execute on infrastructure and application roll-out and support
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science, Master’s degree preferred
- 12+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure
- 5+ years of demonstrated management experience
- Experience working in a dynamic high growth biotech company through clinical development preferred; commercial experience a plus
- Experience aligning IT solutions to business goals and ensuring scalability of solution
- Experience developing the strategy for stage appropriate IT investments for areas including clinical, regulatory, and quality in order to support preclinical and clinical development
- Experience implementing function-driven needs including LIMs, ELN, data management and visualization, and other systems necessary to support clinical development
- Experience managing strategies for the management of multiple data center environments, including colocation and cloud computing services, with the objective of delivering high quality and efficient computing services
- Experience overseeing design and documentation of complete network infrastructure, including server, storage, backup and security systems, including system architecture, network and physical security design, backup and monitoring design
- Experience with implementing ERP and similar business systems
- Proven experience in building a customer-focused organization and comfortable bridging interfaces to support the company in its growth
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on delivery, responsiveness, ownership and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying technical ability
- A strategic planner with strong technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and comfort with problem-solving
- Ability to reconcile competing demands and prioritize multiple requests within deadlines
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC STATEMENT: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.