Join our generation.
Senior Associate Scientist, Molecular Biology
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Generation Bio is a biotechnology company leading a new generation of gene therapy. With our proprietary re-dosable ceDNA technology, we are expanding the reach of gene therapy At Generation Bio, our goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more places around the world. Our vision is to make the ravages of genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels to children today.
We are a thriving, collaborative, creative community of diverse talents, beliefs, and experiences relentlessly dedicated to our mission. Founded and launched by Atlas Venture. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Committed to a future where more people can live full lives.
Generation Bio is seeking an energetic and highly motivated scientist to join our team and contribute to the development of our gene therapy platform. The individual hired will apply a breadth of molecular methods to the optimization of ceDNA technology across multiple program areas. The hired individual will demonstrate high capacity for both independent and collaborative workflows.
- Optimize construct design and performance of ceDNA gene therapy platform across multiple disease indications
- Develop and execute analytical methods for the evaluation of novel constructs
- Assess construct performance and molecular attributes using mammalian cell culture
- Utilize modern synthetic biology approaches to construct DNA vectors and high dimensional libraries
- Analyze data with respect to experimental goals and objectives
- Conduct small-scale purifications to support process development
- Assist in the generation and review of protocols and reports
- Prepare, evaluate, and present data internally to cross functional teams
- B.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline
- 2-5 years of relevant molecular biology lab experience preferred
- In depth experience with molecular biology techniques (e.g. Cloning, Western blot, qPCR, ChiP)
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is a plus
- Experience building and screening high dimensional libraries, is a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with excellent attention to details
- Strong collaboration and team-working skills
- Candidate must be able to work independently and organize activities
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Generation Bio believes in a diverse environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Generation Bio will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.